Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lazy Water Marble - "Old" NOTW


 I can't call this a Dry Water Marble, becaue
I did use water. So I call it Lazy water Marble.

I painted my nails with one coat of Color Club - Worth the Risque
I water marbled with China Glaze - White on White and Liquid Leather.



But I did not dip my nails in the water. I cut out a piece of a zip lock bag
and put that over the entire water marble design. The cup I used, well
it was a plastic candy jar, was big enough that I only needed to do the
design twice. And that was enough for 10 nails.  And then I cut out the
areas I wanted to use and applied Nail Foil Adhesive to my nails. Waited
for that to dry and applied the Water Marble strips to my nails. (You could
try leaving your polish on the nails a bit tacky, if you dont have foil glue).


For my accent nails I filled in some of the white areas with
Konad Nail Art Pen (Glitter Striper) in Silver and applied
Konad Silver Glitter Top Coat and some Hex glitter here
and there. A coat of Seche Vite Top Coat and it is all done.



Should I do a step-by-step tutorial on "Lazy Water Marble"?


Update!
A tutoral has been made. You can see the blog post HERE


Or watch it directly on YouTube

__ __ __

And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!

11 comments:

  1. I love the result and I would like to see step-by-step tutorial also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I love the accent nail too! I'd love to see a tutorial. I've never seen that technique before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES Tutorial please :) Your nails look lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a clever idea! I'd love to see a tutorial too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes and yes. Tutorial please. I love this design even more now that I know you did it the 'lazy' way. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, a DIY would be awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay ladies I will try and get one done when I'm off next week. Water Marbling is a fun thing to do but also so messy and the plastic bag thingy helps ALOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a mind reader! I was reading this and was thinking to myself "Oh she has to do a tutorial for this lazy technique"! Then I got to the end, and saw that you asked if you should do one... so YES YES YES!!

    Ok, I see that you've agreed to doing one. Yippeee.. Can''t wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing !!! I tried water marble once but it didn't come out :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's much to do what polish you use. If it does not spread out. Then don't use it. Or it will just be a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...