Monday, May 2, 2011

ELF Haul - Studio Brushes


I got a weird brush and a great brush from e.l.f
Can you spot the weird one?!?

Kabuki Brushes
This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush! Our handy and easy to use Kabuki Brushes provide a light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish. The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or a highlighter on your skin.
*Vegan Friendly



This is how wonky the Studio Kabuki brush
looked when I took it out from the package.



What is that?



I have had my kabuki for a while now. My sister just got hers
and I compared them. Guess what?!? Hers is so much more dense than mine.
Not at all uneven or weird.



But my Kabuki - Look at it... haha!
It is all uneven and weird still after washing it.


Blush Brush

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush! -Creates a defined and sculpted look -The tailored design allows for easy maneuvering and precise color application -Use to apply blush or bronzer
*Vegan Friendly


Luckily I got a great brush. The e.l.f Studio Blush Brush. So soft and nice.
I have been using this for touch ups with my Translucent Matte Powder.


It's great that is is flat like that. Fits perfect under the eye area.
This brush works great. I have to get an other one of these.

 __  __  __

Studio Makeup Mist & Set
Keep your makeup in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E.
The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
Spray a light mist 12-16 inches from your face with eyes closed after makeup application to set makeup in place
or during the day for a quick touchup to refresh.  Let it dry naturally or blot with a tissue to help speed dry.



Ingredients: (60ml)
 Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol,
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract,
Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc),
Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol,
Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

The thing about this one is that it actually works.
Some times my eyes water up when it is windy.
And my eye makeup end up on my cheeks.
This kept it in place.

What am I gonna think about all the parabens?


I wonder if it is too late to contact e.l.f about the wonky Kabuki???
I mean I have been using it. But I had nothing to compare
it with untill my sister got hers. I had no way of knowing.
__  __  __


And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!

What Nailpolish am I wearing?
See it HERE!

3 comments:

  1. I've got 2 of these, each one is completely different. One huge anf fluffy, the other one small and dense. I actually love both for different purposes, but I would much like to know which one I'd get if I ordered one more. After this experience with these brushes I understood why people have so different opinions about ELF brushes. Sometimes it's like everybody's talking about a different thing :)And it turns out it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brushes that I have bought from elf. I haven't tried these 2 though. I have been curious about the kabuki but just haven't bought it. I wanted to get the makeup mist but sold out everytime I order something from there! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the Kabuki brush seems to be a win or loose lottery. Never know what you get. I still use mine even if it looks weird. It still feels soft and nice.
    Miranda - get the Kabuki and if it is out of this world you can always contact customer service.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...